Home Theater in the Great Outdoors
Do you demand the same level of quality from your outdoor speakers that you expect from your surround sound home theater system? Are you unwilling to compromise your acoustic integrity no matter where you go? The Klipsch AW-650 will deliver the iconic Klipsch sonic experience you have been searching for. This speaker is built to the exact same standards Klipsch indoor audio products have become known for. Whether you are grilling burgers on the patio, relaxing in a hammock, or floating in your pool, the AW-650 will transform your backyard into a world-class concert hall.
A speaker this good shouldn’t be this tough. The AW-650 is constructed from UV-resistant glass-reinforced polypropylene. The paintable aluminum grille is rust proof. Not only is this speaker built to stand up against the weather, it can also be painted to seamlessly blend in with your outdoor décor. The AW-650 even comes with weather resistant mounting brackets. The only thing you have to worry about is making the perfect playlist for your next party.
What's a Tractrix Horn?
You know all sound is not created equal. High frequencies move through the air differently from low-end frequencies. Good bass can shake your whole body from the ground up, but those higher frequencies sound best when they hit your ear. This is why the AW-650 is equipped with a TractrixÔ horn with a 90 x 90 coverage pattern. It helps aim the sound directly at your ear, and lets you hear the sonic details of everything you listen to, while reducing reflection and distortion.
Legendary Klipsch Sound
Since 1946, Klipsch has continued to raise the bar for home audio equipment. Technology has changed but Klipsch’s commitment to delivering the best possible listening experience has remained the same. Klipsch speakers richly reproduce everything from your favorite symphony to your favorite hip-hop record and everything in between. Each speaker is designed with four principles in mind: High Efficiency, Low Distortion, Controlled Directivity and Flat Frequency Response. They deliver a dynamic, powerful, crystal clear sound -- the way the artist wanted you to hear it.
AW-650 All Weather Reference Series Speaker Highlights:
- Integrated Tractrix® Horn for incredible clarity
- Handles up to 85 watts - serious power for a small speaker
- Paintable, rust-proof aluminum grille
- 6.5-inch IMG woofer for precise bass
- Easily mountable - enhance your backyard decor
- Weight: 9lbs (4.1kg)
- Height: 15” (38.1cm)
- Width: 9.5” (24.1cm)
- Depth: 11” (27.9cm)
- Warranty: Klipsch 5-year limited warranty
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Klipsch AW-650 6.5" Reference Series Outdoor Loudspeaker Specifications:
- frequency response: 70Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
- power handling: 85 w (340 peak)
- sensitivity: 95dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- crossover frequency: 3400Hz
- tweeter: one 1" (2.5 cm) titanium dome tweeter
- high frequency: horn 90 x 90 Tractrix Horn
- woofer: one 6.5" (16.5cm) IMG woofer
- enclosure type: Bass-reflex via dual front-firing ports/ABS
- wire gauge accommodated: 12
- dimensions: 15" (38.1cm) H x 9.5" (21.4cm) W x 11" (27.9) cm) D
- weight: 9lbs (4.1kg)
Klipsch AW-650 6.5" Reference Series Outdoor Loudspeakers - Pair
- Brands Klipsch
- Product Code: 1009316
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $384.00